For submissions information, see http://ivyfilmfestival.com/submissions
Press for the 2011 Ivy Film Festival:
Brown Daily Herald // Blog Daily Herald, here & there // 95.5 WBRU // GoLocalProv // The Boston Herald
IFF 2011 Schedule
• Square Grouper / Salomon 001 / 8:00 PM
By the creators of "Cocaine Cowboys," Square Grouper is "a colorful portrait of Miami's pot smuggling scene of the 1970s, populated with redneck pirates, a ganja-smoking church, and the longest serving marijuana prisoner in American history." More info: http://imdb.to/h2f0N7
• The Catechism Cataclysm / Salomon 001 / 8:00 PM
"Father William Smoortser drops his bible into a toilet at a rest stop just before embarking on a day-long canoe trip, breaking loose all glorious hell." More info: http://imdb.to/esvcHD
• On The Ice FOLLOWED BY Q&A WITH PRODUCER CARA MARCOUS / Salomon 001 / 8:00 PM
An Inuit hunter in the Arctic witnesses a murder and is "forced to navigate the uneasy morality of honoring the body and memory of one friend and destroying the life of another." More info: http://imdb.to/fANfMj
• Bellflower / Salomon 001 / 8:00 PM
"Two friends spend all their free time building flame-throwers and weapons of mass destruction in hopes that a global apocalypse will occur and clear the runway for their imaginary gang "Mother Medusa." More info: http://imdb.to/hVfbx3
• Talk by James Franco **Moderated by Charlie Rose / Salomon / 2:00 PM ***No tickets required, but limited seating available on first come-first serve basis — come early to get seats!!
• Exclusive Panel of Young Filmmakers and Producers / Granoff Center / 5:00 PM Featuring filmmakers Andrew Renzi, Antonio Campos, Sean Durkin, and Josh Mond, the panel will discuss the ins and outs of the film industry.
• Screening of Ceremony, FOLLOWED BY Q&A WITH DIRECTOR/WRITER MAX WINKLER AND ACTOR MICHAEL ANGARANO / Granoff Center / 7:00 PM
Starring Uma Thurman, "Ceremony" is the story of "a young guy crashes the wedding of the thirty-something woman he wants back." More info: http://imdb.to/dm9AgU
• Screenings of Student Films / Granoff Center / 9:30 PM
• The Social Network / Midnight / Salomon 001
In honor of our keynote speaker Aaron Sorkin we are presenting a midnight screening of the Academy Award-winning "The Social Network." For the trailer, visit http://bit.ly/c6pYfZ
• Screenings of Student Films / Granoff Center / 10:00 AM
• Keynote Speech by Aaron Sorkin / Salomon DeCi/001 / 1:30 PM ***This is the only event for which you will need a ticket to enter. Tickets have sold out but come early and you can still get a seat. Around 250 students will also be able to watch the speech on the projector in Salomon 001.
• Screenings of Student Films / Granoff Center / 3:00 PM Free Nice Slice pizza provided!
• Advance Screening Bobby Fischer Against the World FOLLOWED BY Q&A WITH PRODUCER SERIN MARSHALL / Granoff Center / 6:00 PM
"The first documentary feature to explore the tragic and bizarre life of the late chess master Bobby Fischer. The drama of Bobby Fischer's career was undeniable, from his troubled childhood, to his rock star status as World Champion and Cold War icon, to his life as a fugitive on the run." For more info, visit http://bit.ly/egzxlE
• Screenplay Brunch / Kasper Multipurpose Room / 11:00 AM Professional screenwriters and screenplay finalists will discuss the screenwriting industry.
Check out our blog
for more information!
You may follow the schedule in your own Google calendar by clicking on the "+ Google Calendar" button on the lower-right-hand corner. To view event details, click on the individual event.